I don’t know about you, but I have heard far too many stories about teachers handing out the same worksheet time and time again, completing boring joint constructions with the same two students participating, writing questions on the board for the students to answer… you get the gist!
It is our job as teachers to motivate and engage our students in their learning. We need to be excited about what we are teaching. If we aren’t excited, how can we expect our students to be? The possibilities to make learning fun are endless!
Here are some of the ideas that I have come up with:
- Integrate technology in meaningful ways:
- Carefully select computer programs to help students achieve their goal
- Find useful and interactive websites students can navigate
- Download beneficial apps on the iPads
- Allow your students to use cameras and video cameras to document their learning
- Create WebQuests for your students
- Find great YouTube videos to show your students
- Integrate useful Web 2.0 tools
- Provide your students with choice
- Create different activities for your students to work on
- Ensure your students are being challenged
- Provide hands on activities
- Allow your students to create something
- Encourage your students to present their work in a variety of ways:
- News Presenters
- Blog Post
- Series of photos
- Game Show
How do you make learning fun?