I have admired a number of class blogs over the last couple of years (see the links on the side of my blog for some great class blogs) and they have inspired me to start my own class blog when I have a class of my own. Click here for a previous post about class blogs.
Take a look at the following inspiring YouTube video.
There are many benefits of a class blog, including:
- they are easy to set up and they are user friendly
- students are motivated
- students are encouraged to read and write
- they encourage discussion and collaboration
- a community of learners is fostered
- there is an instant audience
- interesting websites can be provided to your students via links
- images can be included to appeal to visual learners
- they may be accessed anytime and anywhere
- students gain an increased feeling of ownership
- authentic learning takes place
- they allow students to connect with other classrooms all over the world
- it is relevant
- a strong connection between home and school is encouraged
Are you thinking about starting a class blog?
Can you think of any more benefits?
Do you have a class blog? Share your link below!