Mid last year, I wrote an article for ACEL e-Publications about the successful technology
integration. In the article, I discuss the fact that there shouldn’t be such a huge focus on WHY technology needs to be integrated but a shift towards HOW technology can be integrated so that it is meaningful and successful in our classrooms.
In the article I go into detail about ten ways you can encourage technology integration in your school. The ten examples are listed below.
- Quick tips
- Think about sharing tech tips at the beginning of staff meetings.
- Get your staff on board and active on Twitter.
- Incorporate tech in staff meetings in order to inspire teachers.
- Tech Tips For Parents
- Add a technology corner in your school newsletter providing useful apps or websites for parents to download for their children.
- Technology Lesson
- Set aside some time to specifically teach your students how to use a tool.
- Technology Needs
- Identify the needs of each grade regarding technology. It should be a school priority to continue to provide devices in order to meet the needs of the students.
- Genius Session
- Consider implementing a Genius Session across the school where students participate in different activities which encourage creativity including a technology session.
- ICT Resources
- Consider creating a cupboard of ICT resources. E.g. headphones, iPad adapters, Makey-Makey kits.
- Foster a culture of sharing, support, trust and openness among the staff.
- Staff Site
- Develop a page on your staff site dedicated to digital pedagogy.
Click here to subscribe ACEL e-Publications.