We have all heard about project based learning, but what exactly is it? Take a look at the following useful videos that provide great explanations about project based learning.
As teachers, we always need to be looking for new and exciting ways to teach our 21st century students to the best of our ability. Project based learning is one way we can do exactly that.
Project based learning allows students to:
- come up with a solution to a real world problem
- be inspired and engaged
- research their topic
- work collaboratively
- develop confidence
- work independently
- use the knowledge they gain
- use technology in the classroom
- solve problems and think critically
- present their findings and solutions in a variety of ways
Teachers need to:
- develop a clear purpose for the project
- carefully design the project
- pose challenging questions
- support collaboration
- measure the intended learning outcomes in an effective ways
- model problem solving strategies
- use real life problems
Have you used PBL in your classroom? Are you interested in using it? Let me know what your thoughts are about PBL!