I’m a big believer in decorating classrooms, not just because decorating makes classrooms beautiful, but because students (and teachers!) deserve to come to a place each day that they enjoy coming to.
Classroom walls should:
- engage our students
- reflect the subject matter
- excite our students about learning
- promote learning
- be referred to throughout the unit
- be added to throughout the unit
- show the students’ learning and progress
Take a look at the following YouTube video about learning on the walls.
Image: Teaching in Blue Jeans
What is on your classroom walls?