The students at Robin Hood School, Birmingham really got me thinking about what should be happening in our classrooms.
- Are you catering to the 21st century learners?
- Do you use iPods, iPads, computers, digital cameras and the interactive whiteboard?
- Have you created and used podcasts and blogs?
- Are you using technology in meaningful ways?
- Are your students self reliant?
- Are you providing your students with choices?
- Are you allowing your students to be global citizens?
- Are your students analysing and evaluating in creative ways?
- Do your students care about what they are doing in your classroom each day?
- How do your students communicate?
- Are your students being challenged?
- Are your students engaged?
This one year old girl is applying what she has learnt from an iPad to a magazine and it reminds me of this post I read. Technology is her environment. When the magazine doesn’t behave in the same way as an iPad, she becomes frustrated. Are you prepared to have a class full of students like her in your classroom in four years time?
What’s happening in your classroom?
What can you improve on?
What are your thoughts?